GM501 Mineral Oil
GM501 Mineral Oil is a ready-to-use Mineral Oil to reduce evaporation and to stabilize the pH during IVF, ICSI and related artificial reproductive techniques.
Culture medium overlaid with oil was first used in the early 1960´s as a technique for the culture of mammalian embryos. The oil permits small volumes of medium to be used for fertilization and embryo culture. Use of oil prevents the evaporation of media, thereby reducing the harmful effects of increased osmolality. Furthermore, the use of an oil overlay reduces changes in pH caused a loss of CO2 from the medium when culture dishes are taken out of the incubator for embryo examination. Finally, culture of multiple embryos in small volumes of medium under oil promotes the concentration of autocrine growth factors secreted by the developing embryo, leading to enhanced rates of embryo development.
|Product description||Product code||Unit|
|GM501 Mineral Oil||4 MO 0100||100 ml|
|GM501 Mineral Oil||4 MO 0500||500 ml|
Produktdaten und Hinweise
- Product specifications and quality control
- Instructions for use:
- Precautions and warnings
- Storage instructions and stability
- CAS code: 8042-47-5
- EP Monograph: 0240
- GM501 Mineral Oil (desity 0.83 – 0.86 g/ml) is pre-washed twice with ultra-pure water. GM501 Mineral Oil has to be pre-incubated for 5 hours with the lid closed at 37°C
Product specifications and quality control:
- Pharmaceutical grade mineral (paraffin) oil.
- A certificate of analysis is available for each batch upon request from our website with respective lot number.
- The MSDS for GM501 Mineral Oil is available upon request and can also be downloaded from our website.
- GM501 Mineral Oil is manufactured according to the following specifications:
|Viscosity (bei 30°C/cp)||< 30|
|Sterility||sterile – SAL 10-3 (Sterility Assurance Level)|
|Endotoxins (EU/ml)||< 0,10|
|MEA (Blastocysts after 120 h in culture in %)||≥ 80|
Instructions for use:
- GM501 Mineral Oil is a pre-washed ready-to-use oil, so no further preparations are necessary.
- After pre-incubation (5 hours/37°C) overlay the culture medium with GM501 Mineral Oil until it is completely covered.
Precautions and warnings:
- Handle all specimens as if capable of transmitting HIV or hepatitis. Always wear protective clothing when handling specimens.
- Always work under strict hygienic conditions (e.g. LAF-bench ISO Class 5) to avoid possible contamination.
- Only for the intended use.
- The oil may appear cloudy if removed from the incubator and allowed to stand at room temperature for extended periods of time. Such cloudiness usually disappears if the oil is re-equilibrated by replacing it in the incubator for several hours, if it does not disappear discard the product.
- Do not use the product if bottle, seal of the container or package is opened or defective when the product is delivered.
- Do not use the product if it becomes discoloured, cloudy or shows any evidence of microbial contamination.
Storage instructions and stability:
- The shelf life is 18 months from time of manufacture.
- Store between 15-25°C.
- Keep the product in the original packaging or shield from light while not in use.
- Do not freeze before use.
- Keep away from (sun) light.
- The product can be used safely for at least 28 days after opening the container when sterile conditions are maintained and the products are stored at room temperature.
- Do not use after expiry date.