SpermWash® kit is a simple, easy and safe system for intra-ampoule swim-up without the need of CO2 incubation and centrifugation.
All necesary equipment is delivered within the packages including instructions.
|Product description||Product code||Unit|
|SpermWashⓇ Kit||3SWKIT 01||three units each consisting of a 2 ml vial of SpermWash|
Product facts and notices
SpermWash® is composed of Earle’s balanced salt solution (EBSS) including HSA (4,00g/L), pyruvate, Hepes, Phenol red, sodium-bicarbonate and Gentamicin (10µg/ml).
- SpermWashⓇ is supplied sterile filtered in pharmaceutical grade borosilicate glass bottles with Teflon-coated rubber stoppers and tamper proof seals.
- SpermWashⓇ is manufactured under sterile conditions. Sterility tests for each batch verify the absence of viable microorganisms. The limit of endotoxines is < 0,25 EU/ml. The manufacturer Gynotec B.V., Netherlands, produces according to a quality managements system under ISO 13485 and Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC.
- pH: 7,30-7,60
- Osmolalität (mOsm/kg): 270-290
- Sterility: sterile – SAL 10-3 (Sterility Assurance Level)
- Endotoxin: (EU/ml): < 0,25
- MEA: ≥ 80%
- Preheat the 2ml vial of SpermWash® to room temperature.
- Remove the cap from the vial and wipe the rubber membrane with 70% ethanol. Insert the short hypodermic needle into the rubber membrane using it as a valve for pressure equalization.
- Aspirate the liquefied ejaculate into the syringe and attach a long hypodermic needle. Empty the syringe with the ejaculate at the bottom of the vial so that the ejaculate is layered under the medium. AVOID MIXING THE LAYERS. Gently remove the needle and syringe along the inner side of the vial in order to avoid semen in the medium. Discard the needle and syringe.
- Carefully place the vial at a 45° angle in the incubator at 37° C for 1 to max. 8h.
- After “swim-up”-incubation, carefully remove the ampoule from the incubator and place it in an upright position. Attach a new long hypodermic needle to a new syringe. Carefully aspirate 0.5-1.0 ml of the top layer (the red medium) and withdraw the needle. The syringe now contains the SpermWash® medium with the selected motile spermatozoa ready to inseminate. Keep the syringe in the incubator until insemination.