SpermCryo™ All-round is a four times concentrated ready-to-use HEPES buffered cryopreservation medium for freezing human semen at ultra low temperatures (-196°C) in liquid nitrogen.
|Product description||Product code||Unit|
|SpermCryo All-round||3SCA-0020||2 x 10 ml|
Product facts and notices
- SpermCryo™ All-round is a HEPES buffered freezing medium for human sperm. It contains 26,7% glycerol in
order to protect the sperm from damage due to the freezing process and it contains 0,4% HSA.
- SpermCryo™ All-round is sterilized by sterile filtration.
- The shelf life is 18 months from production date.
- Store refrigerated (2º – 8ºC). After opening the container, do not use the product longer than 7 days. Sterile conditions must be maintained and product must be stored at 2º – 8º C. Stable after transport (up to 5 days) at elevated
- SpermCryo™ All-round can be used in combination with SpermFilter® ready-to-use gradients.
- It is recommended to concentrate the sperm before freezing in case of very low sperm concentrations. This may increase the sperm quality after thawing and will reduce the number of straws to be frozen.
- In case needed, use sperm preparation techniques after thawing to eliminate dead sperm cells and debris. Dilute
the concentrated sperm in a washing medium or any other medium to your use.
- Ensure that all media is well mixed before use.
- Allow the semen to liquefy at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 part SpermCryo™ All-round to 3 parts semen.
- Add SpermCryo™ All-round dropwise while gently swirling the sample. Caution: To avoid cold-shock make sure Sperm Cryo™ All-round is at room temperature.
- Leave the sample for 10 minutes at room temperature for equilibration.
- Suck the mixture into the freezing straws, leaving approximately 1.5 cm of air at the end of the straw. Seal the straws.
- Dry each straw with a linen free cloth and shake in order to move the air bubble to the centre of the straw.
- Freeze the straws vertically just above the liquid nitrogen level for 15 minutes.
- Store the straws in liquid nitrogen.
- Retrieve the required straws from the liquid nitrogen.
- Place the straws in tap water for 5 minutes.
- Cut off the end of the straw, place open end inside a container (e.g. test tube) and tap straw against the side of the container in order to allow complete evacuation of the mixture into the container.
- Dilute the concentrated sperm in a suitable insemination medium, at least 3 ml per 0.5 ml semen, mix thoroughly.
- Centrifuge at 300-350g for 15 minutes.
- Resuspend the pellet in a suitable insemination medium (e.g. SpermWash®)
SpermCryo™ All-round is manufactured under sterile conditions. Sterility tests for each batch verify the absence of viable microorganisms. The limit of endotoxines is < 0,25 EU/ml. The manufacturer Gynotec B.V., Netherlands, produces according to a quality managements system under ISO 13485 and Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC.
- pH: 7,20 – 7,60
- Endotoxin: < 0,25 EU/ml
- Sterility: sterile, SAL 10-3 (Sterility Assurance Level)
- SST: ≥ 80%